Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Self-defense techniques

Last weekend I enrolled myself for jiu jitsu training at a combat sports academy nearby. With more vision loss, I feel I've very less preparation time if I'm attacked in the street. And I may or may not be able to run. Some people suggested using a folded white cane or pepper spray as self-defense measure but where is the time?


After a lot of research on which type of martial arts to choose, most of my SD friends recommended Jiu-Jitsu as it is more about using technique than muscle power. I like the idea. And I'm already very excited thinking about all the moves that I read about and watched online. 


I've told my instructors that I'm visually impaired and they might need to adapt the classes according to my needs. I start in 2 weeks! 


What kind of self-defense training works best for you?





No comments: